Recipes

Tuesday 27 September 2022

Apple Cinnamon Teff Pancakes


These pancakes are quick to make, delicious and full of healthy fibre due to the high-fibre content of the teff.  My husband, Stan, can eaten gluten but he prefers these pancakes to the traditional fluffy kind.  I like to add some vegan protein powder as well to increase the protein content even more.  But it's not necessary.  When I'm making them for just Stan & I, I make half a recipe and even then we have about 4 leftover for snacking on later.



Dry Ingredients:

2 cups dark brown teff flour
1/2 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Wet Ingredients:

2 cups non-dairy milk
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 large organic eggs
3 tablespoons melted virgin coconut oil
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (Grade B)

Begin to heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. (You may need to adjust the temp for cooking). I melt the coconut oil in here while I mix the dry ingredients. Measure it after it as melted.

Whisk the dry ingredients together in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients. Whisk together well.

Make sure your pan still has a little coconut oil on the bottom (just a little). Use a 1/2 cup measure to pour the batter into the pan. Cook for 60 to 90 seconds on one side, then flip and cook for 30 to 60 seconds on the second side. Add about 1/2 teaspoon of oil in between pancakes. Adjust the cooking temp as needed. I cook mine just under medium.

I top mine with a little peanut butter and applesauce.  Stan likes greek-style yogurt and fruit sauce.  Experiment and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting your feedback! I will get back to you within the next 48 hours.

Printfriendly